Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome Without Parsimony


     Good morning one and all!
     Welcome to the new official blog of the revered and hugely famous society, Boardwalk Amblers Anonymous! Oh. You haven't heard of us? My, that's rather shocking. Let me guess, you're from Trinidad. No? Don't lie to me. I know you are. How else could you have not heard of us? It is true that our popularity plummeted after a quite unusually intelligent coyote hacked our previous blog. Or rather, when the previous official blogger gave his position over to the coyote he trained. He was one of those creative types that become eccentric when aged. That will not happen to this official blogger, I assure you. But I must not speak badly of my elders, and that's a Boardwalk Amblers secret, so don't tell a sole of a shoe! Don't look at me like that, I'm perfectly sane. Soles of shoes are great places to hide recorders if you're trying to hear secrets. 
      Anyways, since you haven't heard of us (unless you're lying and you have heard of us, but that would be very impolite of you.) I suppose I should tell you a little about us. 

    Our History

     Boardwalk Amblers Anonymous was founded in 1962, with the opening of the first Boardwalk Amblers meeting in Rogers, Ark. The society became national on Oct. 31, 1969 when every state in America as well as Botswana had an official branch of Boardwalk Amblers Anonymous.  The society's plush platypi began being sold in craft sales in 1970 and were listed on the New Jerkinstan's Best Selling Plush list two years later.

     The Boardwalk Amblers grew to 276 branches in 11 countries by the end of the decade. In 1983, the Boardwalk Amblers opened its first world wide Boardwalk Amblers annual conference in a warehouse and in 1988 began the first snail mail "meeting" -- never the Boardwalk Amblers meeting's dominant format -- featuring a letter sent from ambler to ambler with each adding a page of notes in addition, leaving some amblers with heavy postage costs.  The Boardwalk Amblers began their first Internet branch in 1991 when it opened its first blog. Which was quite successful until the official blogger became a touch too crazy and is now deleted to hide the coyote incident. Which brings us to this blog, now, which shall be much better. 
Thank you for reading, please come by again. And welcome to Boardwalk Amblers Anonymous. 

Also, you should read walmart's history. It's quite interesting. I highly recommend it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any and all comments!