Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Novel Ideas

     So NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is coming up again. Cue dramatic music.

    I've been planning out a book for months, since June at least. It's a pretty cool book idea in my opinion and I was going to write it for Nano this year. Unfortunately, the plot is pretty complicated so I haven't worked out all the kinks in it yet and I've been too busy with school and work to spend a lot of time figuring it out. So I decided that story will have to wait another year. However, never fear, I still intend to do NaNo!

     I've been debating between two different story ideas. They are both more relaxed simple stories. The first is to just write the Billie the Blimp story and make it into a novella. I think it'd be really easy to drag out into a crazy zombie adventure. It occurred to me last night that is really has a Hitchhiker's Guide sort of vibe to it. Which isn't surprising since I read the first couple books soon before I wrote that, I think. Thinking I might just roll with that and rename it like "The Reporter's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" of something silly like that.

     The second idea I thought would be fun is to have a story solely based on songs. Like,  have one main character and each of his friends are people out of songs. A few songs/characters I had in mind were Julia from Thousand Foot Krutch's song "Broken Wing", Anberlin's "Adelaide",  Bastille's "Laura Palmer", Capital Light's "Caroline" and Seabird's Michael from their song "Finally Done Right" etc.

So yep. If you have an opinion on which I should do, or have an even better idea, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any and all comments!